This Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between “Homeowner” and “Tenant” as of the date set forth on the reservation. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property. The property is a 2 bedroom residence located on Lot 8 Cascada Azul, Baru, Costa Rica.
The property is fully furnished and includes furniture, appliances, kitchen wares, linens, towels, patio chairs, etc. If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Tenant shall inform Homeowner immediately.
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of no more than 4 Tenants. Tenants and Guests staying over may not exceed the sleeping accommodations of 4 total occupants.
3. Term of the Lease. The lease begins at 3 p.m. on the “Check-in Date” and ends at 11 a.m. on the “Checkout Date”.
4. Rental Rules: Tenants agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibits A & B at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Tenant permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
5. Access: Tenant shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
6. Reservations will not be held until payment is received and confirmed. All reservations are on a 1st come 1st serve policy. Once confirmed, the rental rates are non-refundable and applied toward your reservation.
7. Utilities: On daily & weekly rentals, utilities included. Tenant shall pay $250 security deposit on daily and weekly rentals.
On Monthly rentals Tenant pays for all utilities and cleaning and shall pay a security deposit of $500. Homeowner will refund any unused amount of the deposit to Tenant.
8. Security Deposit: The security deposit shall be refunded within 7 days of the Checkout Date providing no deductions are made due to:
damage or loss to the property, furnishings, keys, or opening devises;
any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Tenant’s stay.
9. Maintenance: Tenants will properly use, operate, and safeguard Premises, including any landscaping, furnishings, appliances, all mechanical, electrical, gas and plumbing fixtures, and keep them clean and sanitary. Tenants will immediately notify Homeowner, in writing, of any problem, malfunction or damage. Tenants will pay for all repairs or replacements caused by Tenants, or guests or invitees of Tenants, excluding ordinary wear and tear. Tenants will pay for all damages to Premises as a result of failure to report a problem in a timely manner. Tenants will pay for repair of drain blockages or stoppages, unless caused by defective plumbing parts or tree roots invading sewer lines. If any repair/damage is caused by the Tenants during Tenants occupancy, the repairs will be made and paid for by the Homeowner or his representative and a bill presented to the Tenants for immediate payment. Monthly Tenants shall be responsible for the cost of minor items like cleaning supplies, light bulbs, batteries, etc.
10. Alterations: Tenants shall not make any alterations in or about the Premises without Homeowner’s prior written consent including: painting, wallpapering, adding or changing locks, installing antenna or satellite dish, placing signs, or using screws, fastening devices, large nails, or adhesive material.
11. Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, only the security deposit will be refunded.
12. Payment: Acceptable payment methods are
Cash on site
Chase QuickPay firstname.lastname@example.org
PayPal (add 3% for PayPal fees): email@example.com
13. Advisories: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance. Homeowner is not responsible for any losses or injuries and shall not be liable for any occurrences during the Tenant’s stay.
4x4 vehicles are required.
It is recommended purchasing bottled water for consumption.
14. The rent payment is non-refundable and required to reserve these dates. The security deposit is refundable less any deductions.
Upon payment the reservation shall be confirmed and the terms herein shall apply.
Property manager: Keiston Navarro
US 530 622-0138
CR 506 8919-2960
messenger, facetime, whatsapp, hangouts
Exhibit A - RENTAL RULES
Smoking or ashtrays are NOT allowed in the home.
Guests may have other guests stay in the property as long as the total occupancy does not exceed 2 total Guests. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
Tenants agree to abide by the Cascada Azul CCRs.
Pets are NOT allowed.
Parking is limited to 1 vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in front of the unit only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
Water and Septic: The home is on a community water system and septic. We do not recommend drinking the water from the taps. During heavy rains the water way have silt and appear dirty. Garbage disposal is for light use only. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If the septic system is misused there is a minimum $250.
Storms: If there is a major storm, so we recommend purchasing Traveler’s or Renter’s Insurance
Gravel roads are well maintained; however, always use four wheel drive so tires don’t spin and erode the road. We do not refund due to road conditions.
Exhibit B - RENTAL Check Out List
In Order to Assist Us Better, Please:
No Smoking or ash trays in the home
Turn off all lights and air conditioners every time you leave the Condo
When You are Ready to Check-Out:
Strip beds of sheets and pillow cases
Make a pile of dirty bath towels, sheets, and dish towels for the laundry
Make sure all pillows, bedspreads, and blankets are in designated rooms
Wash and put away dishes
Clear refrigerator and freezer of all perishable food
Clear pantry of opened food
Clean out coffee pot
Place all indoor and outdoor furniture back in place
Clean barbeque if used – Make sure gas is turned off
Lock all doors and return keys and any gate remotes
Dispose of all trash on the Southern porch
Trash in Black Trash Can
Compost (fruit/vegetables/coffee grounds/etc) in green trash can
Recyclables (plastic bottles, metal cans, glass) in Blue Trash Can
We hope you had a pleasant visit. Thank you for staying with us!